COVID-19 INFO COLOMBIA
- Posted by Colombia
- On Wednesday June 17th, 2020
- 0 Comments
Colombian President Iván Duque announced the following new orders to mitigate the spread of Covid-19 on April 6, 2020:
· – The current stay at home orders are extended from April 13 until Sunday, April 26 at 11:59 pm in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to avoid straining the Colombian health care system.
. -The same exceptions to the stay at home order continue: one person per family can leave the home for a short period of time to obtain necessary supplies such as food or medicine or to take care of their pets. In many cities in Colombia the “pico and cedula” (“peak times and ID”) will continue. During a “pico and cedula” order, citizens are allowed to venture out on specific dates depending on the last digit of their government issued identifications. Health care, supermarket, drug store, security and public service employees are exempt from both of these measures.
· – The current closure of land, sea and air borders will continue. The country’s airports are closed except for exigent circumstances such as the transportation of cargo, medical supplies or humanitarian missions.
· – Public and private college and university campuses remain closed until May 31st.
· – Seniors over the age of 70 are required to stay home and isolated until May 30th.
· – Sanctions for violating orders to help avoid the spread of COVID-19 range from fines to criminal proceeds and those who use their vehicles in violation of current orders are also subject to fines and having their vehicle impounded.